Pattaya is a popular Beach resort on the Gulf of Thailand, just 150 km southeast of Bangkok –a mere two-hour drive. Pattaya’s pulsating NIGHTLIFE is well known, but Local authorities have, in recent years, improved the quality of the beaches and reinvented the resort as a more family-friendly destination.
Stretching 500 kilometres along the Gulf of Thailand and only a few hours drive from Bangkok, the East Coast of Thailand has long been the favourite getaway destination for both residents and visitors to Thailand. Attracting more than 3 million tourists from all over the world annually, Pattaya offers the highest standard of hotels, excellent weather, restaurants, sports, entertainment and shopping facilities. In recent years, Pattaya has become home to an ever-expanding number of businesses and business-related service institutions, underlining its evolution from a tiny fishing village to a pivotal player in Thailand’s social, cultural and economic scene. The city still retains much of the charm and tranquillity of the past while offering all the vigour, multicultural diversity and conveniences of a modern city.
Today, hundreds of thousands of visitors are drawn each year to Pattaya to windsurf, water ski, swim, sunbathe, snorkel, sail, or take Trips to nearby Islands. Other activities include Bungee jumping, Cycling, skydiving, go-Karting, Muay Thai (Thai boxing), and Paintball. Golfers, both novice and expert, are well catered to as well, with a wide selection of golf courses around Pattaya. Another major draw for visitors to Pattaya is the wide selection of restaurants serving some of Thailand’s freshest Seafood. Due to the high number of expatriate foreigners in Pattaya, there is also an excellent selection of authentic foreign eateries serving French, Italian, Swiss, German, Hungarian, Scandinavian, English, indian, Arabic, Japanese, and Chinese CUISINE.
Location and distances
- Bangkok to Pattaya: 145 km (approximately 90 mins by car)
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport (Bangkok) to Pattaya: 135 km (around 75 mins by car)
- Pattaya has a wealth of scenic, cultural and entertainment attractions and venues, with new developments emerging all the time. There are 21 golf courses in or near the Pattaya area and ample outdoor activities including tennis, go-kart (some of the fastest go-karts in Asia), horseback riding, clay pigeon shooting and many more. Below are selections of some of the popular favourites.
- Dress politely and take off your shoes before entering Buddhist temples.
- Beware of pickpockets, especially on Walking Street when it’s crowded.
- The sun in Pattaya is very strong; apply sunscreen liberally and frequently.